- Every Monday & Wednesday morning from 9:30-11:30 is “Mixed Drop-In”, where new teams are made up each day.
- Tuesday morning from 9:30-11:30 is men’s drop-in play.
- Tuesday afternoon from 1:00–3:00 is Ladies League.
- Thursday afternoon from 1:00–3:00 is our popular “Mixed League”.
Number of draws are dependent on number of team entries.
- Tuesday 6:30 and 8:30 pm–competitive team play-8 ends
- Wednesday 6:30 and 8:00 pm–social team play-6 ends
- Thursday 6:30 and 8:30 pm–competitive team play-8 ends
- Friday 6:30, 8:00 and 9:30 pm–social team play-6 ends
What is stick curling? First and foremost stick curling is curling. Unlike the curling you watch on TV, stick curling uses a device (stick) to propel the curling stone down the sheet of ice. The main benefit in using the stick is for those who have mobility challenges in bending down and getting up, due mostly to knee and hip issues. It’s a perfect way to keep the mobility you have and keeping social and active in your community. We presently have numerous curlers who stick curl and are competitive with the traditional curlers.
Actual stick curling leagues have their own specific rules. We have experimented in the past with this. We presently do not have a stick curling league but are excited and open to starting a league when the demand is there. Stick curlers are welcome to play in all club leagues.
The same as stick curling, doubles curling has its own rules. It is a much faster game and an entire game can be finished in just over an hour…and you only need two people for a team! Like stick curling we have taught and started a doubles league in the past but the demand was not quite there to continue. We are open to start this again when the demand returns.