- Every Monday & Wednesday morning from 9:30-11:30 is “Mixed Drop-In”, where new teams are made up each day.
- Tuesday morning from 9:30-11:30 is men’s drop-in play.
- Tuesday afternoon from 1:00–3:00 is Ladies League.
- Thursday afternoon from 1:00–3:00 is our popular “Mixed League”.
Number of draws are dependent on number of team entries.
- Tuesday 6:30 and 8:30 pm–competitive team play-8 ends
- Wednesday 6:30 and 8:00 pm–social team play-6 ends
- Thursday 6:30 and 8:30 pm–competitive team play-8 ends
- Friday 6:30, 8:00 and 9:30 pm–social team play-6 ends
What is stick curling? First and foremost it is curling. Unlike the curling you see on TV, stick curling uses a device (stick) to propel a curling stone down the sheet of ice. Curling with a stick can be used in a traditional curling game of 4 person team.
The main benefit to join the stick curling league is that those with mobility challenges such as knee or hip issues, don’t have to concern themselves with getting down and up in the hack, also there is minimal sweeping involved. It’s a perfect way to maintain and improve the mobility you presently have. Another great benefit is meeting new friends keeping social and active in your community.
We presently have numerous stick curlers in our traditional game and are competitive.
A regular stick curling game consists of 2 person teams, one at each end. Games are 6 ends using six rocks only, so games usually last only an hour.
Worried that you don’t know how to play? Worry no longer, many of our curlers would be happy to teach you the game and techniques in using the stick.
Our leagues are presently scheduled for Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the afternoon. Teams are made up each day.
Come to our club and join in on the fun.
The same as stick curling, doubles curling has its own rules. It is a much faster game and an entire game can be finished in just over an hour…and you only need two people for a team! Like stick curling we have taught and started a doubles league in the past but the demand was not quite there to continue. We are open to start this again when the demand returns.